KEY ACCOUNTS MANAGER – C-STORE CHANNEL
SK Energy is seeking an experienced key accounts manager to focus on opening and managing c-store accounts for our growing energy shot business.
The Company was founded in 2011 by social entrepreneur Chris Clarke and entertainment mogul 50 Cent, and is backed by a combination of top investors and strategic partners.
Our product, SK Energy, is the best-tasting energy shot in the market, with 100% natural flavors; we also have a unique one-for-one give back partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme, where for every shot we sell we feed a child in need. We are distributed nationally across many top chains, including GNC, Rite-Aid, and CVS, have been featured on shows including Nightline and Rachel Ray.
This is an experienced sales role. The majority of the work is focused on calling on a defined list of regional chain accounts, working alongside brokers and DSD partners. A successful candidate will be able to communicate equally well with beverage industry leaders, category managers, distributors, and store owners, and will be able to think creatively about opening new accounts and driving sales in existing accounts.
Key duties include creating and presenting proposals, competitive pricing and activity reports, customer specific product development, tracking and management of sales activity standards, expense and budget management, participation in industry events and sales meetings, establish and maintain industry relationships and analyze customer needs and taking appropriate actions.
Compensation will include base salary but will be heavily weighted towards commission and bonus. Our offices are based in New York, but moderate-to-heavy travel will be required (50% or more).
- Identify, penetrate and close new chain accounts
- Manage accounts for optimal performance, meeting price, sales and merchandising objectives
- Develop annual sales plan as measured by territory and customer
- Conduct regular reviews of business performance and strategies
- Forecast, budget and track account revenues and cost
- Measure performance of results to individual and team plan
- Provide assistance and management to brokers, as applicable
- Pursue opportunities unique to each assigned account in terms of marketing, operations and merchandising
- Identify new product opportunities within new or existing accounts and collaborate with marketing to develop their successful introduction
- Develop volume forecasts as needed and communicate with Sales Administration to facilitate continuity of supply
- Contribute on longer term sales and marketing strategies for the company
Desired skills and experience:
- Ideal candidate has 5-12 years of total career experience; at least 2 years of sales, business development, or related experience is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED
- Candidate must excel at developing, managing, and maintaining relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a strong preference for top-notch schools and high GPA
- Consistent track record of achievement and growth throughout career
- Highly collaborative and energetic
- “Never give up” mentality
- Entrepreneurial – must be a self-starter, will need to penetrate new accounts
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively service existing customers and identify incremental profit opportunities
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Competency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Utmost integrity is a MUST to be part of our company
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to [email protected], with “Key Accounts Manager (C-Store) Application” in the subject line.
SK Energy’s parent company, Pure Growth Partners (www.puregrowth.com), is building and investing in disruptive companies in consumer packaged goods, media/tech, and luxury goods. All companies will have a strong “give-back” component with every purchase.