REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (FOOD AND BEVERAGE)
Street King is seeking Regional Distribution Managers for its growing energy shot business.
The Company is a dynamic fast-paced beverage business, which launched September 15. Street King is unique due to its superior taste, 100% natural flavors and 100% natural caffeine, and one-for-one give back partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme. We are partly owned by 50 Cent, the musician-turned-mogul who was partly responsible for VitaminWater’s success.
We are seeking Distribution Managers in 5 regions: East, Southeast, Midwest, Central and West Coast. Relocation is not required, but candidates will be expected to travel to distributor and wholesaler partners and frequently and to travel to our Midtown Manhattan (New York, NY) office as needed (at least every 2-3 weeks).
This is a distribution manager role. A successful candidate will directly manage our key DSD partners and wholesalers around the country; developing and managing business plans and strategies to ensure sales goals are met. A successful candidate will be able to communicate equally well with distributors, wholesalers, and store owners, and will have experience driving sales teams in each of these respective distribution channels, to reach their goals.
Key duties include analyzing distributor performance to identify opportunities for improvement, and executing against those ideas; creating and presenting proposals, competitive pricing and activity reports; distributor-specific product development; tracking and management of activity standards; expense and budget management; and analyzing needs and taking appropriate actions.
- Develop and execute distributor/distribution strategies in accordance with Company sales objectives
- Manage distributors for optimal performance, meeting price, sales and merchandising objectives
- Establish individual and team goals, quotas, metrics and expectations in conjunction with National Accounts Manager, President, and CEO.
- Develop annual sales plan as measured by territory and distributor
- Manage channel concerns and conflicts effectively and collaboratively
- Conduct regular reviews of business performance and strategies
- Forecast, budget and track revenues and cost
- Measure performance of results to individual and team plan
- Provide assistance and management to wholesalers, as applicable
- Pursue opportunities unique to each assigned distributor in terms of marketing, operations and merchandising
- Work hand-in-hand with distributors as Street King’s representative, managing the relationship and optimizing for success
- Develop volume forecasts as needed and communicate with Sales Administration to facilitate continuity of supply
- Contribute on longer term sales and marketing strategies for the company
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ related distribution experience. Distribution or account sales experience MUST be in consumer products (this is an absolute requirement), with strong preference towards beverage.
- Consistent track record of achievement and growth throughout career
- Direct experience in wholesaler and DSD management is a strong plus
- Proven ability to effectively service existing customers and identifying incremental profit opportunities
- Highly collaborative with entrepreneurial energy
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Ability to work in a collaborative effort with other managers
- Competency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Utmost integrity is a MUST to be part of our company
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to [email protected], with “Regional Distributor Manager Application” in the subject line. Please include specific region of interest/expertise as well.
Street King’s parent company, Pure Growth Partners (www.puregrowth.com), is building and investing in disruptive companies in consumer packaged goods, media/tech, and luxury goods. All companies will have a strong “give-back” component with every purchase.