Gas Tankless water heaters are quite common these days. Used in every household, these water heaters indeed make life simpler for us in many ways. Are you planning to use one such appliance for your home? We have a complete guidance about this water heater. Hope this will offer you all the information you need!
What is a gas tankless water heater?
Though there are many kinds of water heaters, a tankless water heater is one which does not have a storage tank. Traditional water heaters usually have a storage tank which means there is enough space for water storage in the tank itself. Thus, there is water stored in the tank always. Also, the main source of energy in case of this type of appliance is gas. Other kinds of appliances use electrical energy for water heater.
How are these different from traditional water heaters?
A tankless water heater is quite different from a traditional water heater. Here are the main points of difference.
- There is no storage tank, which means water will not be stored in this type of appliance. As you need water, you need to switch ON the appliance and the water gets heated. In traditional tanks, water was normally stored. This stored water would get heated when the appliance is turned on.
- Since there is no storage tank, there is reduced wastage of water. In fact, in traditional tanks, water would be regularly heated, even though you might not actually need it. This means there is wastage of energy since the water is getting heated and you are not actually using it.
- With reduced wastage of water and lesser consumption of energy, you are able to save money. This money saving doesn’t happen in case of traditional water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters are long lasting. Traditional water heaters had storage tanks which would continuously store water. This means, there is water present in the tank always. As a result, the inner walls of the tank would be corroded often.
- There is continuous flow of water in tankless water heaters. You do not have to wait for water to get heated as in case of other appliances. Here, as you switch on the machine, you will have continuous flow of water.
- These machines are modern, sophisticated and available from the top brands. Since these are durable, you get complete value for money.
- They occupy very little space since they do not have any storage tank. Thus, these are suitable for small spaces as well.
How do you install?
If you buy a gas water heater, it is highly recommended that you have it installed by professionals. These people are experts and know the entire installation process. If you try to do it yourself you might cause irreparable damage to the system. Besides, you might not do it properly and can also cause yourself much injury. Professionals are licensed and offer great services to users, in times of need.
What about maintenance?
Gas tankless water heaters, just like all other appliances need to be regularly maintained. With regular maintenance, you are assured that the appliance is in good condition and it lasts long. If there is any problem with the system, it will be detected early. Early detection means you do not have to suffer from sudden emergency expenditure or face disruptions in the flow of water.
How To Purchase?
This is the most difficult phase – how to purchase?
Since the gas tankless water heaters are in great demand these days, they are now manufactured by some of the top brands. You need to decide the brand and capacity of the appliance before you start with the purchase process.
The best way to purchase is to make an online purchase. You need to visit any online store which offers a selection of appliances. Here, you will have an opportunity to check out a number of products and then make a purchase. You can have a look at the features, make a comparison of the prices and then choose the product. Do not forget to check the return policy because when you choose to return, you do not make any interest.